During this time of year, many like to reflect on past accomplishments and look forward to new beginnings. Our CEO, Steve Sullivan, took time to reflect on his tenure at MIBOR and came up with this short list of accomplishments that he is most proud of:
- That the overall quality rating of our service by members has improved so dramatically over the years.
- That over 90% of members in 2012 think that MIBOR is headed in the right direction
- Control of expenses over the last decade, including the resulting minimal increase in dues/fees.
- Broker Listing Cooperative® - re-establishing and re-branding the culture of a cooperative. Secondarily obtaining trademark protection for the BLC® Listing service.
- BLC® Policy Committee - the deeper inclusion of brokers in the decision making process.
- Staff Reorganization in 2010 – focused on business services and solutions. Resulted in improvements including response rate and quality of service.
- Quality of the management team.
- Restructuring of BOD with addition of specialty seats, which ensures not only voice but diverse viewpoints.
- The Building a Living Legacy Project.
- MIBOR.com public website in 1996 – putting listings online which was unheard of at the time.
- The success of the REALTOR® Community Investment Initiative (2006-2010).
- Recreating the for-profit subsidiary resulting in significant annual tax savings.
- Seamless transitions of surrounding local associations and subsequent creation of geographic divisions.
- MIBOR’s second lockbox conversion (approx. 8 years ago) – how smoothly it went.
It’s your turn! What are you proud of this year?