Get updates Your Way!

Welcome! In celebration of MIBOR's centennial, we are going to post 100 blogs in 2012! We have a LOT of great things to share with you.

Subscribe today by entering your e-mail address below, clicking on the RSS feed or with Google Friend Connect. When we post new content, you will be notified. Happy reading!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Transformation in Action...


On June 7th, we will be installing permanent medallions on the 32 homes in the Building a Living Legacy Project in St. Clair Place. A few days ago, I was out in the neighborhood marking the spot on each house where the medallions will be installed. As usual it was a beautiful day. I don’t know why it is, but most of the time I’m in St. Clair Place, the weather is incredible. Blue skies, puffy white clouds, bright green grass, a gentle breeze, you get the picture. Most of our volunteer days last year were blessed with equally fantastic weather. No need to discuss the snowy, icy bus tours in early 2011 or 95 plus degree groundbreaking ceremony last summer – let’s stay positive people. Anyway, the place puts me in a good mood.

I have to say though, the most delightful thing happened when I passed a certain house. On the corner of Eastern and St. Clair is the cutest arts and crafts style home. We’re talking adorable, magazine cover quality material. And what was else on the corner in the yard? One of the last remaining yard signs from the project – one of YOUR signs with the MIBOR centennial logo plastered front and center. I was so proud! 

Then it hit me. That was the exact corner where I went with Cabinet Chair Bill Hacker last year as he taped an interview for WFYI’s series More than a Game. That day with Bill, we had to keep stopping the taping because the construction noise on the house. You’ll have to take my word for it, but that house looked nothing like the beautiful piece of architecture I saw this time. Wow! It’s an amazing home that will bring new beginnings for a family. I could not have been proud or more convinced that this project was just the right fit for REALTORS®.

I hope I’ll see you on the 7th. The party will be celebration; a toast to all the real estate community has accomplished through Building a Living Legacy. You just have to see it. 

Claire Belby
MIBOR Communications Director

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We will review and post shortly.