Get updates Your Way!

Welcome! In celebration of MIBOR's centennial, we are going to post 100 blogs in 2012! We have a LOT of great things to share with you.

Subscribe today by entering your e-mail address below, clicking on the RSS feed or with Google Friend Connect. When we post new content, you will be notified. Happy reading!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflections on My First Day...


June 7, 1990 was my first day affiliated with a real estate firm. I recall when I walked in the door that morning, there were butterflies in my stomach. I felt as though the world had opened its doors to me and it was my destiny to open “real doors” for others. There was much to learn and understand. I wanted to be a sponge and work aggressively to take in as much as I could. 

Looking back on that day – and all those early days for me – it’s easy to see how much has changed. Just think about technology alone. We are light years ahead of where we were in those days. I remember processes being slow and far less efficient than we have now become accustomed to. I recall a contraption sitting by a computer that we placed the telephone handset into.  After several, very slow, clicks on the DOS based system, the regular phone line would eventually connect to the MLS (now our BLC® listing service). Funny enough, at the time this seemed very sophisticated compared to trading information about listings on 3x5 cards with fellow REALTORS®, it really wasn’t. We had miles to go!

I remember listing sheets had no photos and the printing quality was poor. Remember those dot matrix prints outs? Not always easy to read to say the least. We had no ink cartridges, only printer ribbons that didn’t provide clarity or sharpness. Very boring to say the least! 

I am grateful for the tools that we now have, and I have embraced the use of them in my business. Thank you MIBOR for being an ever-evolving organization that has helped REALTORS® stay – and become – more professional. 

Pam Aguirre, CRB, CRS, GRI
RE/MAX Legends Group

It's YOUR turn! What changes have you seen since you entered the business? What was your first day like? Post your thoughts in our comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We will review and post shortly.